Veracruz is one of the world's safest cities.
Even in these difficult times with the heartbreaking troubles along the U.S. Mexico Border, Veracruz continues to be especially safe.
Spam guard is a problem. If our reply isn't in your inbox promptly, please look in your spam or email us again.
Our U.S. number is (415) 939-4388. This is a San Francisco number that rings right through to us in Veracruz.
The School's Mexico Address
The Language Immersion School
Calle Alacio Pérez #61
Col. R. Flores Magón
Veracruz, Ver. Mexico
Within Mexico (229) 931-4716,
Within Mexico Cellular (229) 207-1929
Here's a Culture Treat for those who want all the fun but at the moment don't want any more Spanish study
- The Idea
- If you enjoy culture, Veracruz is the land of a million big and little treats.
- Maybe you're speaking Spanish as well as you need to have all the fun you want. So now, just come and have fun.
- Even if you only speak survival Spanish (or no Spanish at all) you'll do fine in this warm and welcoming city.
- Our Location
- Location, Location, Location--that's what makes this such an especially good trip.
- The school's location is as good as good can be. And no matter where you go, the folks of Veracruz will want to visit with you, will invite you
to participate in the activities of their daily life.
- For activities in the City itself, you're right in the middle of everything. The waterfront, the zocalo, the malecon, the aquarium, el
Centro (the heart of the old city), you can walk to all of it. And for spots a little farther away, the most important bus routes have stops
half a block from school and pass about every five minutes. Taxis are abundant and cheap, and for these we rarely wait more than a minute or two. It's easy to get everywhere!
- For activities around the state, once again you're right in the middle of everything. Veracruz is the central transportation hub for the
State. A comfortable bus ride to the north takes you to El Tajin; Orizaba and Cordoba are close, and Xalapa (the Santa Fe of Mexico) is even
closer. Down the coast you'll come to the picture perfect town of Tlacotalpan, and a little farther along you come to the incredible scenery
of Los Tuxtlas and then Catamaco Lake.
- Puebla, Oaxaca City, Mexico City, Teotihuacan, are all a single bus ride from Veracruz.
- Pricing and What's Included
- First, and maybe most importantly, you'll have the friendly, comfortable school environment to come home to. And you're totally and absolutely invited to be relaxing around the school at any time you don't choose to be out and around in Mexico.
- Additionally you'll have the school's collective knowledge of the area to help you decide on what to do, in what order to do it, and how to handle the arrangements.
- For many places you might go, on the other end you'll find friends of the school.
- At school you'll have a room with private bath. We only include breakfast (Monday through Friday), but you're welcome to arrange to join in our big midday meal, La Comida. (We're not being chintzy not including our big midday meal and dinner. We don't include it because we expect you'll want to be out having fun.)
- This program includes much less than our immersion programs, but that's the idea. Under this program we're not trying to teach you more Spanish, but instead we're helping set up the right conditions for you to be independent, on your own, doing what you especially want to do and doing it when you especially want to do it. In a nutshell, we want to give you those very few, but very special things that set you free.
- The price per week for single occupancy (room with private bath) is 315 USD.
For two people coming together and sharing a room the total price is 420 USD per week.
For three people coming together and sharing a room the total price is 525 USD per week.