Veracruz is a vibrant city, and day or night there is always somewhere fun to go and something fun to do. And so while you're having a great time all day long, you'll be speaking joyful, happy Spanish.
Veracruz is one of the world's safest cities, and to be out in the evening until midnight is the norm.
The malecon, the zocalo, the restaurants in Boca del Río, all are close by and all keep you busy practicing and practicing and practicing.
Spam guard is a problem. If our reply isn't in your inbox promptly,
please look in your spam or email us again.
Our U.S. number is (415) 939-4388. This is a San Francisco number that rings right through to us in
The School's Mexico Address
The Language Immersion School
Calle Alacio Pérez #61
Col. R. Flores Magón
Veracruz, Ver. Mexico
Within Mexico (229) 931-4716,
Within Mexico Cellular (229) 207-1929
We encourage you to take overnight trip's on the weekend. There are so many places to go and so much to do. We like to place you with a family in a small town or village for a weekend of culture and friendship, in Spanish. We'll help you plan, and if you're a beginner, we make sure you're on the right bus.
You might want to go to the ruins at El Tajín, or farther away at Teotihuacán and Palenque.
Veracruz and Mexico Conversation
Our Spanish Immersion Program
- The Focus
- Talking Spanish, everywhere and anywhere, is what will get you carrying on conversations without even being aware of which language you're speaking. Getting you talking everywhere and anywhere is the focus of this program.
- Our High Impact Learning Environment
- You can only learn to speak by speaking, and so we’ve structured the school setting to make sure that practicing Spanish is available to you all day long—from your first cup of coffee until you say goodnight.
- This all-day-long high quality learning time is available to you because we’ve chosen to have room and board within the school. Even when you’re not in class, there are always staff members ready to practice Spanish with you.
- With our live-in staff, day staff, and Out and About Labs, you’ll be sharing in Mexico’s warm and wonderful culture all day long.
- And, of course, the time you spend out and around the city adds even more fun and practice to your conversation.
- Non-Traditional Approach
- Our school has a highly effective, non-traditional approach to teaching Spanish. You’ll immediately be working within a much bigger language framework. The approach lets you acquire language much faster.
- Because of our non-traditional approach we’re able to be extremely flexible. And so we can devote more time and attention to the areas where you need the most practice, and you’ll be freer to head in the directions you want to go.
- In only a few days you’ll be able to bring much more of the language’s structure into your speaking. You’ll be able to carry on more complicated, more fun conversations. Success leads to more success leads to even more success… Our approach is success driven, and the success is yours.
- Spanish Immersion inside the Classwork
- Starting with what you know, from very beginner to advanced, classwork is individualized to heighten your knowledge and skills of those aspects of Spanish that make conversation work. Classwork is a support function to our Out-And-About-Labs. Classwork is highly important, but in our non-traditional approach, it isn't the primary activity.
Spanish Immersion Outside the Classroom--our Out-and-About Labs
- Visiting traditional colonias and tiny shops with roll-down steel doors, museums and schools with happy students, the beach, the malecon, and especially, the people themselves, always brings the joy and excitement of sharing in the life of Mexico. Charlantes share your joy and excitement and lead you to talk, in Spanish, about what you see and what you’re doing.
- There’s always so much to say, so much to discuss, that what always happens, happens again. You’ll talk with those around you. And since they talk in Spanish…
- College Credit and CEUs
- College credit is available through Pima Community
College in Tucson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CEUs are available from us, and we'll coordinate them with your business, organization or institution.
- CLEP Preparation, High School and College Credit at Your School
- If you're a student, you're welcome to bring your school's text book and work out of it. Both in the classroom and Out-and-About we'll help you prepare to "CLEP" out of your next Spanish level.
- You also might want to see if your school would allow independent study credits for the class work, the intensive practice, and the cross-cultural experiences you'll have here. We're happy to work with the professor or instructor under whom you're doing the independent study.
- Remember our Mix and Match
- You can pick and choose from all our programs. Maybe you'd like to learn
to make salsa, or go scuba diving (buceo in Spanish) or snorkeling. A day rafting or
birding would be great. There's more to do than time permits.
- A glance through the other program pages will show you the many choices you have.
- To get a closer look at the providers of the eco-tourism and adventure with whom we're
associated by friendship and a desire to support grassroots conservation please take a look at www.mexico-ecotourism.org. It's a group of locally-owned,
small businesses sharing the beauty and wonder of their communities and the excitment
of their adventure activities.
The key to our success, and yours
- We are careful to be ever-mindful of the enormous difference between taking Spanish classes and learning to talk in Spanish.
From our own experience we know that taking many college level courses still leaves one barely able to talk at more than a survival level. To us, Spanish immersion means to get you talking.
- The major barrier to speaking in class is that traditional school focuses on a student’s mistakes.
- People learn to speak based not upon their mistakes but instead upon their successes.
Our Spanish immersion program is designed around success-based language development.
- Success-based is what works, and it’s also what’s fun.
|FREETIME ACTIVITIES--Everywhere is the Right Place to Speak Spanish.
|scuba diving the coral reefs
snorkeling the coral reefs
swimming in the Gulf
mountain and glacier climbing
|visiting archaeological ruins
visiting out of the way places
boating on the Gulf of Mexico
deep sea fishing
road and mountain biking